Monteagle Elementary has been in operation since the early 1900’s. A new addition and a complete renovation of the old part of the building was completed in 2004. Two additional classrooms and the expansion of the cafeteria occurred during the summer of 2007. Many other renovations have been made to the gymnasium as well.
Monteagle Elementary School is a SACS accredited school with approximately 240 students in grades PK-8. We have high standards as well as high achievement scores in all grades. Monteagle Elementary focuses the whole child approach where we excel to equip all students academically and non academically.
Monteagle Elementary provides Art, PE, Character education, Career & Technical Education classes for 7th and 8th grade students, and Computer classes for all students in addition to academic subjects. Extra curricular programs include Cheer,Volleyball, Basketball, Run Team, 4-H, Beta and Student Council. We are an integral part of the Monteagle community and welcome visitors and volunteers at the school.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs while being held to high expectations.
- We should continuously improve our educational program to enable our students to become confident, self directed, lifelong learners.
- A student's self-esteem and citizenship will be enhanced by respectful relationships among students, community, and staff.
- Parents and community members feel welcomed and are actively involved at our school.
- The school should provide an environment that accepts failure as the first attempt of the learning process and not a stopping point.
- Students will be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning styles.
- Invite and involve families in accomplishing our mission. (Watch Dogs, Family Involvement, Grandparents' Day, Parent-Teacher Conferences, etc)
- Teachers will stay certified in both safety measures and up to date new teaching strategies.
- Provide opportunities for students to explore career opportunities so they see the connection between the classroom and the real world. (College and Career Day, career research in guidance, etc)
- Student safety and learning is always the primary priority.
- Expect students to excel and perform at their maximum potential.
- Always welcome and appreciate our community support while enhancing communication from them.
- Decrease Chronic Absenteeism from 13.7% to 12.8%.
- Increase Math for all students from 34.3% to 37.8%
- Increase ELA for all students from 26.2% to 29.7%