Monteagle Elementary has been in operation since the early 1900’s. A new addition and a complete renovation of the old part of the building was completed in 2004. Two additional classrooms and the expansion of the cafeteria occurred during the summer of 2007. Many other renovations have been made to the gymnasium as well. Monteagle Elementary School is a SACS accredited school with approximately 240 students in grades PK-8. We have high standards as well as high achievement scores in all grades. MES is a pilot school for SWPBS, a positive behavior support program.
MES provides art, PE, character education, and computer classes for all students in addition to all the academic subjects. Extra curricular programs include basketball, cheerleading, volleyball, 4-H, and student council. We are an integral part of the Monteagle community and welcome visitors and volunteers at the school.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs while being held to high expectations.
- We should continuously improve our educational program to enable our students to become confident, self directed, lifelong learners.
- A student's self-esteem and citizenship will be enhanced by respectful relationships among students, community, and staff.
- Parents and community members feel welcomed and are actively involved at our school.
- The school should provide an environment that accepts failure as the first attempt of the learning process and not a stopping point.
- Students will be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning styles.
- Invite and involve families in accomplishing our mission. (Watch Dogs, Family Involvement, Grandparents' Day, Parent-Teacher Conferences, etc)
- Teachers will stay certified in both safety measures and up to date new teaching strategies.
- Provide opportunities for students to explore career opportunities so they see the connection between the classroom and the real world. (College and Career Day, career research in guidance, etc)
- Student learning is always the primary priority.
- Expect students to excel and perform at their maximum potential.
- Always welcome and appreciate our community support while enhancing communication from them.
- Decrease Chronic Absenteeism for ED students from 28.8% to 23.6%.
- Increase Math 3-4 grades, all students from 5.15% to 30%
- Increase ELA 3-5 grades, all students from 18.7% to 33%
- 6 grade, all students from 27% to 31%