Our mission at the Monteagle Elementary School Library is to promote a love of reading, and to encourage students and staff to become lifelong learners and effective users of technology and ideas.
To accomplish this mission the library specialists will:
- Encourage a lifelong love of learning and reading within and without library walls by providing information in a variety of formats.
- Seek to stimulate students' curiosity and enable them with the skills to research ideas and become critical thinkers.
- Promote collaboration with teachers to plan, design, and deliver curriculum through learning strategies that meet the individual needs of all students.
- Ensure that administrators, teachers, staff, and students are effective and efficient users of information and technology.
- Promote responsible citizenship by helping students develop positive habits and attitudes through active participation in society.
- Provide a welcome, comfortable environment conducive to student learning and inquiry.